Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

One dead, six hospitalized as fire engulf Ebonyi community on new year

0 72

By Ruth Oginyi

The joy of new year celebration of Oganyi Amadi Chukwu’s family a resident of Umuagu Umulu Iyioji, Akaeze in Ivo local government area of Ebonyi state was at the early hours of Friday cut short following a fire outbreak in their house which left a baby dead while others were critically injured.

The fire outbreak reportedly started at about 8;30am on new year day.

Correspondent in this unconfirmed report gathered that the people were still in the house enjoying the festive period when the first started.

Source from the community disclosed that the family members were watching film (movie) when a drunkard man who was carried away by the joy of new year celebration started lightning locally made gun powder popularly call OKPOLALI when the fire suddenly broke out and found it’s way inside the house of one Mr. Ogenyi Amadi Chukwu.

ORIENTDAILY, gathered from the source that the young man ran away when the fire started burning the people’s house.

The Little child who was in the inner room died and about six persons were taken to the hospital where they are receiving medical attention.

Meanwhile, Orientdaily couldn’t independently confirm if the suspect have been arrested and the hospital where the fire victims were admitted.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

%d bloggers like this: