NYSC: Summary of all requirements for corps members’ orientation camp
It’s barely four days to the commencement of the 2016 Batch B Stream 11 Orientation Course activities across the country.
The National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, prior to today, has released requirements for the Orientation Course but as a prospective corps member, there are items and processes that cannot be forgone.
Below is a comprehensive list of essential things prospective corps member must take to camp. Among the items are some life saving TIPS.
1. Authentic Student ID Card – (Original and photocopies)
2.Certificate /Statement of Result from your School (Original and 6 Photocopies). If you are a Medical Doctor, Pharmacist or an Optometrist, you will be expected to carry along original of your registration certificate with the Nigerian Medical Council, Pharmacist Board or Optometrist Registration Council and evidence of completion of housemanship or internship.
3. NYSC Call-up letter (Original and 6 photocopies)
4. Recent Passport Photographs – WHITE BACKGROUND (24 copies)
5. Compulsory medical certificate from a government or military hospital, showing health status.
Going to camp with the above listed documents and items will get you through your registration up to the point of collection of mattress and your NYSC KIT.
The NYSC kit consists 2 round neck loosely fitted white T-shirts, 2 pair of white shorts, One NYSC crested vest, a pair of NYSC khaki (Jacket, Belt and trousers), a crested NYSC cap, a pair of Jungle boots, a pair of NYSC white tennis shoes.
Relatively, there are 10 survival kits you must have during the three weeks.
1. ROUND-NECKED WHITE T-SHIRTS : This is an essential outfit worn everyday in camp throughout your 3 weeks .
2. WHITE SHORTS: NYSC would give 2 pairs of shorts, but you may need extra 4 pairs so as not to be stranded because you wouldn’t be able to wash daily.
3. PLAIN WHITE TENNIS SHOES/ WHITE SOCKS: It’s advisable you get one pair of rubber to save yourself from stress alongside leather tennis shoes.
4. CEREALS/PROVISIONS: Essential for those who would not like camp food with cup, plate, water bottle (useful on parade ground or long hours lectures)
5. TOILETRIES: antiseptics, insecticides, towel, sanitary pads, this is essential to keep you from infections and skin reactions.
6. MOSQUITO NET: Take along with a rope to tie it to your bunk to avoid malaria.
7. CASH: Atleast 25,000 with your ATM card. There are many other things that take up money in camp like food, charging of phones, e.t.c
8. WAIST POUCH: This is very essential. It serves as your bank and locker for important items. Things like phones, money, ID card, keys, ATM cards kept in there.
9. TORCHLIGHT OR RECHARGEABLE LAMPS: In preparation for morning drills at 5am and at night after lights out, you will need them.
10. PADLOCKS: please lock your boxes and bags to avoid regrets. People have lost things to thieves due to carelessness.
OTHERS: bed sheets, Pillow Cases, Pillow, Power bank, pain relief drugs, antibiotics… etc.