Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Nnewi attack: Ozigbo toes path of peace, unity

0 67

By Gabriel Chy Alonta

Mr. Valentine Ozigbo, an Anambra gubernatorial aspirant, has vowed to tread the path of peace and unity despite the recent attack of the venue of his foundation’s #Walk4Health event last Saturday, in Nnewi, Anambra state.

In a statement, personally signed by him, Ozigbo thanked all his friends, party faithful, and well-wishers who reached out to him to commiserate over the ugly incident.

He particularly thanked the leaders of his party, the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, and fellow governorship aspirants who sent messages of goodwill and condemned the violence.

Orient Daily reports that, in the early hours of Saturday, unknown persons invaded the venue of the fitness and exercise event, the third edition of the Valentine Chineto Ozigbo (VCO) Foundation, destroying banners, canopies, and the stage.

The thugs who acted under the cover of darkness, escaped from the venue, St. Andrew’s DCC Anglican Church, as a crack team of police officers responded to a distress call.

The VCO Walk4Heath, however, later held as planned with a lot of people in attendance.

Ozigbo said, “I am grateful for the outpouring of love and goodwill that I received following the unfortunate attack on my foundation’s Walk4Health event”.

“I wish to thank His Excellency Peter Obi, our former governor and leader for his kind intervention. Also, I thank our party’s state chairman, Chief Ndubuisi Nwobu, and all the other members of the state working committee who showed up or called or released statements of solidarity.

“I also thank Senator Uche Ekwunife and Hon Chris Azubogu, Mr. Godwin Ezeemo and my other fellow governorship aspirants who reached out and issued statements condemning the violence.

“I also wish to use this opportunity to assure my supporters that none of our staff was injured during the attacks and we are stronger and more resolute to continue preaching the message of love and unity in our dear state.

“Those who engineered this cowardly act of violence thought they could break our resolve and cause disunity in the PDP.

“They have failed. We are now more united and strengthened in our resolve to reject the politics of violence and embrace a new era of peace and progress.”

Ozigbo also revealed that the security agencies had been notified of this development and had launched investigation to fish out the culprits and their sponsors.

“Our preliminary investigation has revealed that this attack was not carried out by anybody in the PDP,” Ozigbo revealed.

“Let it be known that these feeble-minded politicians know that they have been rejected by Ndi Anambra and they have failed in their mission. We move forward stronger and resolute,” he said.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

%d bloggers like this: