Causes of Premarital Sex
There is no behavior without reason. We need to examine reasons why Christian youths do fall into the sins of fornication.
Please note that s3xual relationship is divided into three, namely:
(a) Premarital s3x (fornication)
(b) Pure (Holy or Legal) s3x
(c) Extra – marital Sex (Adultery)
Premarital s3x is what most youths engage in before marriage while extra-marital s3x is what some married people indulges in, when they are not faithful to their partner. Pure, holy or legal s3x is the only legitimate s3x, it occurs between married couples. It is Holy and wonderful, God loves it and it brings purity. What we will be talking about here is premarital s3x which the Bible calls fornication. It is not fun, it is not love-making but fornication. It is sin, I would have agreed if it is called lust making.
(1) Pressure: Pressure from parents, friends, peer group, lecturer, boss, future partners. Some men do mount pressure physically on their partners while some ladies mount pressure on their partners by dressing carelessly exposing their nakedness to seduce men. Some male bosses in places of work do mount pressure on their female workers, they want girls that can work for them and still satisfy them s3xually.
(2) Curiosity: Many youths have engaged themselves in premarital s3x as a result of curiosity. They thought they were searching for reality, but they ended up destroying themselves. They are not satisfied with what their parents, pastors and christian friends told them concerning s3x, they want to experience it themselves.
(3) Electronic media: Television, film, radio and video has contributed to the high rate of premarital s3x. What youths watch on screen determine their behaviour and character. Every product advertised on T.V. is just promoting s3x. In fact, to advertise food items they use s3x, film, television and radio promotes premarital s3x. Most home videos are s3x promoters.
(4) Books and Magazines: Some satanic authors are in town destroying the youths, they write some s3xual stories, books and magazines, they bring out many pictures that stimulate the youth to think about s3x always. Having read all these books, youths do become restless until they have put into practice what they learned in the books and magazines.
(5) Environmental influence: We live in a corrupt society where people do not see anything bad in ungodliness they do not see premarital s3x as sin; they see it as a normal thing. Hence, girls are encouraged to dress exposing their bodies. Premarital s3x has become the norm of the society. Some Christian youths find it difficult to cope in this kind of environment; hence, they fall into this ungodly act.
(6) Covetousness: Greed for money, wealth and position is another cause of premarital s3x. Some ladies want money at all costs hence they are ready to use their bodies to get it by sleeping around with men.
(7) Indiscipline: Lack of discipline has led many singles into the dungeon of premarital s3x.
(8) Wrong association: This has led many youth into destruction. Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are.
(9) Ignorance: Lack of good s3x education has led many youth into premarital s3x, some went into it not knowing what they were doing.
(10) Wrong information: Since parents have refused to educate their children on the subject and the church is not forth coming with anything meaningful, the youth have resorted to any information they can get from anywhere either wrong or right.
(11) Bad parenting: Children that are not well brought up are likely to fall into wrong hands.
(12) Idleness: An idle hand is the devil’s workshop. If you are idle, you may cuddle the devil.
(13) Loneliness: Some claim they went into fornication due to loneliness.
(14) Broken homes: Children from broken homes can fall into wrong hands due to the situation of their homes.