COVID-19: Anambra suspends curfew
The Anambra state government has directed the suspension of the COVID-19 curfew in Anambra state with effect from 6am, Saturday, February 13, 2021.
The curfew earlier established last week, from 9 pm to 6 am, was said to be one of the measures to check the spread of COVID-19 in the state.
In a release by the Secretary to Anambra State government, Professor Solo Chukwulobelu said that the state COVID-19 Task Force had reported an improvement in the observance of COVID-19 preventive guidelines in the state, hence the decision to suspend the curfew.
“It has been observed that Ndi Anambra and residents have become conscious of the threat to life that COVID-19 poses. There is appreciable compliance to the COVID-19 preventive guidelines issued by the government. We are not relenting, as we shall continue with our various interventions, including public enlightenment, engagement with market leaders, churches, hospitals and caregivers, and other stakeholders with the aim of stopping the spread of the virus in our state,” Chukwulobelu said.
He, however, maintained that social distancing at public gatherings, washing of hands regularly with soap, use of hand sanitisers regularly as well as early report of symptoms will help curb the spread of the dreaded disease in the state, cautioning the public to continue to adhere strictly to the guidelines earlier issued by wearing a protective facemask when in public places and outdoors reminding that mobile courts have already been set up to try those who violate these guidelines.