Home Latest Posts News Popular Top

Connect With us on our social media pages


Send news and stories to [email protected]
Home » Cover Story » Disquiet as final-year student, lover die during sex romp
Cover Story

Disquiet as final-year student, lover die during sex romp

Disquiet as final-year student, lover die during sex romp - year student, year, the federal polytechnic, student, final year student, final year, final

By Olisemeka Obeche & Ifeanyi Ozor

Outrage and conjectures have continued to trail the death of a banking and finance of , Oko and a visiting lover-boy, allegedly during marathon sexual escapades in a private residence in Oko, Orumba North local government area of Anambra state.
The tragic incident took place on Wednesday, November 20 at a lodge along Tipper Road, Oko and has sent shockwaves across the polytechnic community.
Orient Weekend learnt that police investigators had gone to work to solve the riddle of a routine sexual activity between the girl, simply identified as Chioma, and her lover, identified as ‘De Young’ ending that tragically.
De Young, an Asaba-based rich boy believed to be in his late 20s, was said to have visited his brother, a of public administration in the school and invited Chioma, who was about to write her final exam over to spend the night with him. The romantic night-out, allegedly arranged as a send-off for the lady who was planning to marry a foreign based guy this December ended in the couple being found in coma the following morning.
This paper learnt that the couple allegedly drank excess cocktail of MacDowell Dry gin mixed with Tramadol before the sex binge and failed to wake up the following morning.
Aside the speculation that the couple may have died due to use of performance enhancement drugs, there is the claim that the couple’s death might have resulted from power generator fumes which infiltrated their room at night.
An anonymous source told Orient Weekend that the couple took a cocktail of aphrodisiacs during the romantic night. “This decision was objected by Chioma but the boyfriend insisted that she should also drink her portion of the drug. When she refused, he was said to have overpowered her, compelling her to take the drug. In the midst of the ecstasy, Chioma was said to have started convulsing, an action De Young neglected thinking it was expression of gratification from the act until he too began convulsing, leading to their death.
Meanwhile, mixed reactions have greeted the deaths. The president of , Oko, Student Union Government, Comrade Charles Onuorah, who confirmed one of the deceased as a student of the school, expressed sadness about it.
Onuorah, who refused to be drawn to the causes of the deaths, urged greater care by the students to avoid such tragedy.
Some students spoke to our reporter on the condition of anonymity, expressing regrets over the loss of Chioma. One said that “Chioma was a beautiful, bright student and very lively.”
However, the institution’s public relations officer (PRO), Mr Obini Onuchukwu, has distanced the school from the tragic incident, stressing that it was purely family and police affair.
According to him, the police have launched investigation into the matter. “We don’t know the actual causes of the deaths until after autopsy.”
The polytechnic spokesman, however, disclosed that the school authority was troubled by the tragic incident that claimed the life of its student because it was contrary to the high moral values the school management was working hard to instill in its students. “We are not happy that we lost our student, but then she was off-campus, not within the jurisdiction of the institution.
“The moral value of our institution is quite appreciable and, as a matter of fact, the girl in question is an adult. She has a choice to live her life; but it didn’t happen within the school premises”, he added.
When contacted, the Anambra state police public relations officer, SP Haruna Mohammed, dismissed the speculations that the couple died as a result of misuse of drugs. Mohammed, who disclosed that full scale investigation was ongoing on the matter, said generator fumes was the most plausible cause of their deaths.
“Our official position, at the moment, is that the couple might have died as a result of generator fumes but investigation is still ongoing to ascertain the exact circumstances surrounding the incident”, he said.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Send news and stories to [email protected]

All Topics

Pages